Jewelry Trends Pewter Thor's Hammer Norse God Rune Pendant on 24 Inch Chain Necklace
Sorry, this item is temporarily out of stock.
Crafted of antiqued pewter alloy, this striking piece of jewelry features an intricately designed Norse mythological Thor's Hammer, also known as Mjolnir. The pendant depicts ancient markings and symbolism the Vikings used to pay homage to one of their most important gods, "Thor" god of lightening. The back of the pendant was carefully sculpted in the production mold to be smoothly hollowed out, which removes excess weight, while still giving a lot of heft and dimension to the design on the front. Another nice feature is the hidden bail so the pendant will lay flat on the included, long 24 inch pewter link chain that secures with a lobster claw clasp. As of May 2013 the "Hammer of Thor" has been accepted by the United States Department of Veterans Affairs as a symbol of faith, and as such is now being used as an emblem for headstones and markers.
- Crafted of antiqued lead free pewter alloy with Exquisite detailing
- Pendant dimensions: 29.8 mm wide x 38.2 mm long
- Necklace chain dimensions: 3 mm wide x 24 inches long with a 1 inch extension
- Back is smoothly hollowed out to add dimension to the sides and front without all the weight!
- Complimentary gift box included